PLEASE NOTE: At present, we can only consider applications from Hertfordshire state-funded secondary schools.
Each academic year we intend to award the following grants to Hertfordshire secondary schools:
Secondary Minor Awards
- A total of £30,000 will be awarded across all three focus areas per academic year.
- The maximum bid for any minor award is £1000.
- A running total of the remaining award fund for the current half-term will be shown on the home page and application form.
- Minor Awards can be applied for at any time from Monday 9th September 2019 until Friday 22nd May 2020.
- Schools may only be awarded 1 minor award in each focus area per academic year (i.e. a maximum of 3 minor awards per year, 1 in each focus area). Unlike the major awards however, if a minor award application is unsuccessful, schools may apply again in the same focus area.
A brilliant scheme that has enabled us to purchase those 'dream' pieces of equipment that we wish we could buy but cannot justify within our own ever diminishing budgets!
- The Bushey Academy, November 2019
Secondary Major Award
- A total of £20,000 will be awarded per academic year.
- One major award of £10,000 from any of the three focus areas of STEM, physical education and effective learning.
- Two Highly Commended awards of £5000 for an application from any of our three focus areas.
- The opening date and deadline for the Major Award are clearly displayed on the relevant pages of the website each year.
- Successful schools will be shortlisted and given a chance to strengthen their bid on our application extension form.
- Schools may apply for 1 Major Award in each focus area per academic year (i.e. a maximum of 3 Major Award applications, 1 in each focus area).
As we grow, we will also aim to help schools in other ways e.g:
- competions with school and pupil prizes.
- building an easy-to-use database of other organisations that support our objectives and focus areas.
- recruiting organisations and businesses to supply expert visitors to schools and facilitate pupil and teacher visits/placements. Schools will then have access to these contacts.
- Negotiating discounts from suppliers of educational services that fit our focus areas.
- invite bids from other counties.