Matt Parker got in touch to let us know that teachers and pupils can tune in to this year's MathsFest for free if they are short on finance or £120 for unlimited pupils - Teachers go free anyway.
As always, we don't specifically endorse events etc but you might want to find out more for yourself here. Here is some of the information from the website...
We are returning in February 2022 at London’s Royal Institution, one of the most prestigious venues in the UK.
Maths Fest is an all-day extravaganza for sixth-form students (and maths-keen KS4) to celebrate and be inspired by mathematics.
Hand-crafted by stand-up mathematician Matt Parker and maths author Rob Eastaway, Maths Fest is coming back in 2022 to excite students and maths teachers.
Maths Fest 2022 will feature some of the best maths speakers in the UK talking about their favourite bits of maths, and will celebrate maths as an exciting, useful and rewarding subject. A fantastic day out for upper secondary mathematics students, certain to leave them motivated and excited to learn more maths!
Flyer: Click here to view
Speakers for 2022 will be:
- Matt Parker: Top YouTuber and Standup Mathematician
- James Grime: Internet Maths Phenomenon
- Jen Rogers: Leading Statistician
- Nicole Cozens: Maths Teacher and Exam Expert
- Rob Eastaway: Puzzle expert and author
- Aoife Hunt: Mathematical modeller specialising in human movement
- Ben Sparks: Numberphile star and musician