If you haven't already registered interest in our awards, you may wish to do so in order to receive award information/notifications directly instead of relying on school generic emails (e.g. admin@...) filtering down to you.
Primary Award Application Process
(up to £1000 per school, per year)
- your project will help pupils in a Hertfordshire state-funded primary school.
- your application helps teaching/learning in one (or more) of our focus areas - STEM, PE, English, Other Foundation and Effective Learning/Outdoor Education.
- your school has not applied in this area already this academic year (there's a table of grants awarded above the application form)
- has been properly costed and any relevant links (e.g. supplier) supplied.
- you have any required additional funding for your project already in place and tell us about it.
Grant Application Hints
- The "benefit" section should briefly explain how the project will achieve particular learning objectives.
- The Primary Award Winners page on our website briefly details many of the successful bids so far and we have a short guide on how we select successful bids.
- Part-Funded Bids: Whereas EdufundUK do prefer to fully fund a particular project, we also appreciate that our maximum award does not always cover the total cost of some initiatives. We appreciate the commitment and dedication shown by schools when they manage to raise funds towards a project themselves and so are usually happy to consider part-funding on a case by case basis. However, we usually prefer to be the major contributor and we do need to know any excess funding is secured before we process an award. We reserve the right to ask for proof of additional funding before any awards are made.
NB: Due to limited funds, we are unlikely to award grants to buy/replace large amounts of core equipment or textbooks. Successful applications are usually a specific project to improve teaching and learning effectiveness (inc. motivation) and/or extend the school’s current offering of subjects and activities.
Post Award Follow-up
A suitable time after you have used your grant, we would like to find out how well it went. The results can add to our bank of grant awards to help guide schools apply successfully. To save you time, this will usually be done using a quick online Feedback Form. You can fill this in any time after you have had a chance to assess the initial impact of your award - we will usually email a reminder to you a term or so after awarding the grant. If you have any photographs or a short account of your project/equipment in action, we would really appreciate you emailing email@example.com a copy for us to put on our website.
As we do need evidence of the actual use of the charity’s funds, we will not be able to consider further applications unless the feedback form has been completed within a reasonable time frame after our request.