Applications Now Open
If you haven't already registered interest in our awards, you may wish to do so in order to receive information/notifications directly instead of relying on school generic emails (e.g. admin@...) filtering down to you.
Primary Award Application Process (up to £1000 per school, per year)
- Fill in the Primary Award application form at any time during the school year.
- You can apply for the maximum amount in one go or spread your bids throughout the academic year.
- Your bid can be for any number of our focus areas (science, maths, PE, the arts and information technology). We welcome bids that benefit one or a combination of these areas as long as the total of all your bids for the academic year does not exceed £1,000.
- That's it. We will get back to you with a decision as soon as we can.
Grant Application Hints
- Ensure your project:
- will help pupils in a Hertfordshire state-funded primary school.
- falls into one (or more) of our primary focus areas: Science, Maths, PE, The Arts or Information Technology.
Length: As teachers and ex-teachers ourselves, we understand that schools do not have much time to apply for funding and, ideally, they shouldn't have to. For this reason, we have tried to keep the application process as short as possible:
- Projects should be costed and any relevant links (e.g. supplier) supplied.
- The "benefit" section should briefly explain how the project will achieve particular learning objectives.
- Whereas EdufundUK do like to fully-fund a particular project, we also appreciate that our maximum award does not always cover the total cost of some initiatives. We really appreciate the commitment and dedication shown by schools when they manage to find/raise funds towards a project and so are usually happy to consider part-funding on a case by case basis. However, we usually prefer to be the major contributor and we do need to know the rest of the funding is secured before we grant an award.
- The news page on our website briefly details many of the successful bids so far and we have a short guide on how we select successful bids.
NB: Due to limited funds, we are unlikely to award grants to buy/replace large amounts of core equipment or textbooks. Successful applications are usually tied into a specific project to improve learning effectiveness (inc. motivation) and/or extend the school’s current offering of subjects and activities.
Post Award Follow-up
A suitable time after you have used your grant, we would like to find out how well it went. The results can add to our bank of grant awards to help guide schools apply successfully. To save you time, this will usually be done using a quick online Feedback Form. You can fill this in any time after you have had a chance to assess the initial impact of your award - we will usually email a reminder to you in the term following the award. If you have any photographs or a short account of your project/equipment in action, we would really appreciate you emailing firstname.lastname@example.org a copy to put on our website.