PLEASE NOTE: At present, we can only consider applications from Hertfordshire state-funded primary schools.
- Each School will be eligible to bid for up to £1000 per academic year. This could take the form of one bid for the full amount or be made up of several smaller bids across the academic year.
- Awards must be linked to any/all of the following focus areas - STEM, PE, English, Other Foundation and Effective Learning/Outdoor Education.
- Minor Awards can be applied for at any time until each half-term's pot runs out. The pot is then refilled at the beginning of the next half-term and applications reopen.
- A running total of the remaining award fund for the current half-term will be shown above the application form.
Effective Learning Additional Awards
- From January 2021, we will be offering an additional award to further promote effective learning in schools.
- Each school will be allowed to apply for up to £1,000 to help fund access to online learning and/or outside learning experts.
- This award will be in addition to the normal Primary Award allowance.
- You will use the same application form for the Primary and the E.L. Additional awards.
- The organisation/supplier/platform/software you use is up to you. Having said that, we are currently forging links with organisations and suppliers - getting to know their products and services and hopefully negotiating a discount. We will publish this information on a “Collaborators” page. Examples of potential suppliers can be found on our EL. Resources: Online Resources and E.L. Resources: Training Providers pages. *
Here is a little more detail on the two aspects of our E.L. Additional Awards:
- This is for a project to help implement/improve/extend online and blended learning for pupils.
- It is likely to involve purchasing access to an online learning platform and/or software.
- Some thought as to how an annual subscription would be funded in future years will strengthen applications.
- Schools cannot use this additional allowance for computer equipment (e.g. laptops, Chromebooks, iPads).
- This is to bring in an outside expert/organisation to embed effective learning techniques into school.
- Successful applications are likely to have an element of teacher training and/or some other method of embedding techniques into the department/school rather than just e.g. a one-day workshop or presentation for pupils.
As we grow, we will also aim to help schools in other ways e.g:
- competitions with school and pupil prizes.
- building an easy-to-use database of other organisations that support our objectives and focus areas.
- recruiting organisations and businesses to supply expert visitors to schools and facilitate pupil and teacher visits/placements. Schools will then have access to these contacts.
- Negotiating discounts from suppliers of educational services that fit our focus areas.
*As always, we don’t specifically endorse any organisation on our links pages but offer the information for teachers to evaluate the resources for themselves.