These are the subject areas of: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. As well as learning and skills in the specific subjects, we also value other over-arching skill sets such as:
- Integration of content into other subjects
- Engagement in systematic enquiry
- Engagement in logical reasoning
- Interpretation and communication of information
- Collaboration as a team
We will consider any bid which is designed to enhance the delivery of a curriculum which seeks to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to be physically active for a lifetime. Any bid could include any of the following aspects
- Instruction in any skills that are designed to enhance child and adolescent development in one or more sports or activities.
- Fitness education and assessment that allows for understanding and improvement of physical well-being.
- Development of cognitive concepts related to motor skills and fitness.
- Opportunities to improve social and cooperative skills.
- Opportunities to increase the value placed on physical activity for health, enjoyment, self expression, challenge and confidence.
- Opportunities to increase an understanding of differing roles within physical education - coach, official etc.
Please ensure that your bid (If appropriate)
- Ensures that motor skills, physical activity, and fitness assessments are age and developmentally appropriate.
- Uses methods of teaching motor and movement skills that ensure that basic skills lead to more advanced skills.
- Plans to appropriately monitor, reinforce, and prepare for student learning.
For us, this is basically teaching and learning in innovative and more effective ways. This could be any method or resource that helps your pupils learn and use any knowledge or skill more quickly, thoroughly, easily, enjoyably, deeply and/or permanently. This can be in any subject(s) but ideally, it would help learning across the school.
What do EdufundUK consider as Effective Learning?
There are many methods which help learning to be more effective. Here are a few examples:
It is entirely up to you how to best achieve your selected Effective Learning objective(s) with your pupils. You might choose to bring in an external trainer or buy Effective Learning resources to train pupils/staff yourselves or have a mix of the two. Examples of bids could include:
- External supplier pupil workshops and/or INSET training.
- learning and teaching materials (e.g. CoRT Thinking: 60 ready-made lesson plans and resources to teach different aspects of thinking.)
- I.T. software, equipment, on-line subscriptions
- out-of-hours learning clubs or courses (pupils or teacher)
- whole-school or year-group learning days/weeks
NB. While we fully appreciate the worth of the core books/equipment needed to deliver all subjects, due to limited funds, we are unlikely to award Effective Learning grants for class-sets of core textbooks or replacement of standard/core equipment. We are looking for additional or new, effective ways of teaching and learning under this focus area. We give more guidance and links to resources below...
Examples of successful EdufundUK EL bids
(Click on school for the award write-up)