Secondary Minor Awards Now OPEN
Minor Awards (up to £1000):
Excellent service with a simple and straightforward application process!
- Goffs Academy, November 2019
Minor Awards (up to £1000):
- Hertfordshire state-funded secondary or special schools may submit this form at any time during the academic year whilst there are still funds in the half-termly pot (above). We aim to respond within 2 weeks.
- A maximum of 3 minor awards (of up to £1,000 each) may be awarded to each school per academic year - one award per focus area (STEM, PE, Effective Learning).
- We advise you to word process your longer answers and paste them into the boxes in case of a submission glitch. You are very welcome to email any supporting documentation (e.g. a costs spreadsheet) to firstname.lastname@example.org - just tell us you have done this in the form.
Before submitting, please check:
- You are a Hertfordshire state-funded secondary or special school.
- Your school has not already been awarded a grant in your focus area this academic year (see table below).
- You are applying for a specific project (e.g. activity, resource, training, visiting speaker/workshop, trip etc.) in one of our focus areas (STEM, PE, Effective Learning)
- You include costings (ex. VAT) and supplier links.
- Part-Funding: We prefer to fund an entire project as our Minor Awards aim to make a big difference with a little help. However, we will consider slightly larger projects as long as our contribution is 50% or more of the total cost. If you are applying to us to fund part of a project, you must demonstrate that the additional funds are in place/committed to the project.
- COVID19: Please ensure your proposed project can go ahead within a reasonable time frame under current restrictions.
Grant Application Hints
- In the "benefit" section:
- tell us how/why your specific resources/training etc will enhance pupils' learning and motivation/wellbeing
- this should be supported with any evidence that your project will actually achieve these particular benefits e.g. similar project results in your school or elsewhere, research, pupil voice, pedagogic reasoning etc.
The Secondary Award Winners page gives brief details and application excerpts from successful bids and we have a short guide on how we select successful bids.
Due to limited funds, we are unlikely to award grants to buy/replace large amounts of core equipment or course textbooks. Successful applications are usually for a specific project to improve teaching and learning effectiveness (inc. motivation) and/or extend the school’s current offering of subjects and activities. Specialist textbooks/workbooks that will enhance learning/skills in a particular topic area because of a specific need will have a better chance of funding.
Secondary Minor Awards 2020/21
(√ designates that a school has been awarded a grant in that focus area - click for details)
|The Reach Free||√||Chancellor's||√||√||√|
|Ridgeway Academy||√||Roundwood Park||√|
|Goffs-Churchgate||√||The Reach Free School||√|