Secondary Major Award Applications
Major Awards Close on 7th June 2021
Major Awards 2021
- All Major Award applications may be submitted any time between 22nd March 2021 and 7th June 2021 (midnight).
- There will be three Major Awards of £10,000 each. One Major Award will be given in each of our three focus areas (STEM, Physical Education and Effective Learning).
- There will be no Highly Commended or Commended awards (as there have been in previous years).
- Schools may apply for one Major Award in each focus area (i.e. a maximum of one PE, one STEM and one Effective Learning application per school).
- A school may be awarded the Major Award in more than one focus area in each academic year. We judge each focus area in isolation from the others so, for example, winning the PE Major Award does not affect that school’s chances (positively or negatively) of also winning the STEM Major Award.
- Minor Awards are given to schools do not affect the Major Award decision in any way.
- Part-Funding a larger project: We do prefer the major award to completely fund a project but understand that schools have priorities that cost more than the award amount (usually £10,000 per award). For this reason, we are happy to accept Major Award applications that contribute towards a larger project as long as our contribution is at least 25% of the total cost of the project. There will be no negative effect on the grading of a part-funding application.
- Itemised costings and supplier links: These should be included with the application. They can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a spreadsheet, quote, etc if preferred.
- There will only be one application form (no extension form for shortlisted schools as in previous years)
- Help in applying: We would advise you to read our “Selecting the Successful Bids” page when formulating your bid. We are also happy to answer email enquiries (email@example.com) but our reply will be considered by two judges to ensure we are not giving any unfair advantage to any school.
- When open, please fill in this form and press the send button. We advise you to word process your longer answers and paste them into the boxes in case of a submission glitch. You are very welcome to email any supporting documentation (e.g. a costs spreadsheet) to firstname.lastname@example.org - just tell us you have done this in the form.
You can register interest for all our awards and grant news here
Writing a decent funding application takes time and effort as you know and I wanted to share with you the fact that even if you are not successful or have only partial success the effort should not be wasted but that effort could be redirected to achieve success elsewhere. ...working up the details of the application with the identification of a need, documenting and costing it has created a project that has encouraged support from other sources, the school budget and the PTA, with the result of some very significant additions/improvements to our teaching resources.
- Presdales School, November 2019