2018/19 Pupil Competition
(Winning School Entries were to reach EdufundUK by 30th November 2018)
Pupils simply produce a one sided, A4 poster or information sheet on any aspect of STEM, PE or Effective Learning.
- One or more teachers at your school hand out information sheets and promote the competition. All resources are supplied by us for photocopying.
- Students design an A4 poster/information sheet about any aspect of PE, STEM or Effective Learning and hand them in to a designated teacher(s).
- Schools judge a winner from each of KS3, 4 and 5 (we supply a £25 Amazon voucher for each school's key stage winner. You don't have to run the competition for all key stages.)
- You send the winning entries to us and we judge a county-wide winner for each key stage. County-wide winners receive a £100 Amazon voucher for the pupil and £1,000 for the school to spend on a visiting speaker/workshop/training etc. in that subject area. (We will supply a list of sources but schools are welcome to request an alternative.)
What can the poster/information sheet be about?
- Pupils might choose to focus on knowledge about the subject/area, why it is important, innovations, how to excel in the subject, how it is used in the real world, what careers need that subject/skill or any other aspect they can think of.
- Teachers are welcome to narrow down the task (e.g. in order to set it as a topic specific homework) or give the pupils a free rein.
|How PE can help with teamwork in other subjects||High paying jobs that require particular aspects of maths|
|Explain how to use a memory technique||How 3D printing is going to affect manufacturing|
|How to revise effectively||What is the periodic table?|
|How the forces you learn about in physics are used to design a bridge||How can you motivate pupils in a particular subject?|
I haven't received a competition pack.
Competition packs were emailed to schools on 8/10/18. If someone at your school has registered interest in EdufundUK, then they would have gone directly to them (together with posted hard copies) otherwise an email pack would have been sent to your headteacher.
How do we send the school winners to you?
Preferably, you can e-mail the entries plus a short entry form to us or you can post them.
post: EdufundUK, PO Box 378, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 4FN, United Kingdom